- 3 or 4 medium size apples
- 2 pears
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- sweet pastry dough
- Peel and slice apples and pears.
- Toss with cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg and flour. If your fruit is very juicy, you might want to add more flour. You can also add more or less sugar depending on your taste and on how sour your apples are.
- Divide your dough into two parts.
- Roll the first half about 1/8 inch thick and place in the bottom of your pie plate.
- Add the apple and pear mixture.
- Roll the second half of the dough (again about 1/8 inch thick).
- Cover the apples and pears with the dough.
- Trim the edges of the dough.
- Cut some air holes in the top of the pie.
- Bake in a 350°F over for about 40 minutes.
I love my apple pie warm with cheese. My husband says he likes apple pie with seconds. My father always had a saying “Apple pie without cheese was like a kiss without a squeeze.
I like that. My new favourite way to have apple pie is with seconds!