- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger, sliced
- 2 Large Carrots, sliced
- 1 Large Beet, peeled and chopped.
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add onion. Stir occasionally until onion is soft.
- Add garlic, carrots, beets, and ginger.
- Add chicken stock and simmer until vegetables are soft and tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to sauce pan and low heat.
- Add milk.
- Simmer until hot.
Makes 4 servings.
I love carrot-ginger soup. The beet makes a nice addition and a beautiful color.
Thanks. We had the beets, and I thought “Why not add them to the soup?”.