These wonderful cookies are soft and light. I think they are just the perfect thing to have will some milk or tea.
- 1 ½ cups cooked, mashed and drained pumpkin (cooled)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- In a large bowl, cream margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar together.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt). Stir until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Measure a rounded tablespoon for each cookie. Drop each spoonful of batter on to a cookie sheet that has been greased or lined with parchment.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
(makes 36 cookies)
Optional – Maple Glaze:
Mix ¾ cup confectioners sugar with 2 tbsp maple syrup and a splash of water. Stir until smooth and creamy. If you need to, a more water but just add a tiny bit at a time. Drizzle of each cookie after they have cooled.
If you don’t happen to have a pumpkin to cook, you could easily substitute squash, carrots, or even sweet potato in this recipe.