Basic Fried Rice
Published: February 2, 2011
Fried rice is an excellent way to combine simple ingredients including leftover rice to create a delicious and easy side dish. It could almost be a meal in it’s self.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Note that this ingredient list should be considered a guide only. It really depends on what you have on hand or what you feel like using.
You could substitute any kind of meat for the sausage (chicken, pork, beef, or even shrimp).
Fresh, frozen or leftover corn, mushrooms, peppers or beans could also be included.
- 2 cups leftover rice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup peas and carrots (canned, frozen, or fresh)
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 2 sausages, cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Brown garlic.
- Add rice.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- Add vegetables, egg and sausage.
- Season with salt and pepper.