Maple Roasted Pepper Squash Pie
- 1 pepper squash, peeled and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 half-and-half
- Peel the squash and cut into cubes.
- Toss squash with vegetable oil and 2 tbsp maple syrup.
- Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast at 350°F for 30 minutes or until squash in very tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and mash the squash until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add remaining maple syrup.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture.
- Add milk and cream.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and consistent.
- Pour into an uncooked pie shell.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.