During the week we’re pretty busy most mornings. But, we have a tradition of “Big Breakfast Sundays”. This week, for one reason or another, we didn’t have bread for toast. It was time to improvise…
Potato and Apple Pancakes
- 1 medium sized potato
- 1 medium apple
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Shred or grate potato and apple into a large bowl.
- Add the egg, flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir to thoroughly mix all of the ingredients.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat. You could use some margarine or olive oil in your pan if you want.
- Spoon batter into the pan, making four pancakes.
- Cook for roughly five minutes or until golden brown, and then flip them over.
- Continue to cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until both sides are golden.
- Keep pancakes in a warm oven (toaster oven) while you are poaching your eggs.
Don’t be afraid. Here is are some good tips on poaching eggs: How to Poach an Egg.