Published: March 6, 2011
Quick and easy pancake recipe made with oatmeal
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 45 min
Yield: 10 pancakes
Serving size: 2 pancakes
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp White sugar
1. In a medium bowl, add oatmeal and milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan.
4. When the pan is hot, drop batter into the pan, 2 or 3 tablespoons per pancake.
5. Cook until golden brown on the bottom. Flip the pancake and cook until both sides are golden brown.
6. Keep finished pancakes warm in an oven on low heat while you cook the remaining batter.
Enjoy with maple syrup or fruits like strawberries or blueberries.