Mom’s Banana Bread
The old fashioned banana bread recipe makes a wonderful snack. It is easy to make and a great way to use bananas that are getting too ripe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Shift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream shortening. Blend in sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Add vinegar to the milk.
- Add flour mixture alternately with bananas and milk, beating well after each addition.
- Turn into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 to 70 minutes.
If you find the crust is too hard, you can soften it by placing the warm loaf in a plastic bag. The steam will soften the crust.
New recipes are being added all the time. If you want to be notified, you should follow me on twitter here.